QUECHEE BALLOON, CRAFT & MUSIC FESTIVAL LIFTS OFF WITH 39TH EDITION
New Vendors, Entertainers and Kids Activities Provide Non-Stop Fun June 15-17
Brooks Hubbard & the Nashville All-Stars headline Saturday 6 p.m. Concert
It has grown into one of Vermont’s largest events and is the longest running hot air balloon festival in New England. Soon the skies over Quechee and the Upper Valley of Vermont and New Hampshire will be filled with hot air balloons ushering in the 39th annual Quechee Hot Air Balloon, Craft & Music Festival.
An estimated 10,000-12,000 people are expected to enter the gates at the Quechee Green, Father’s Day weekend June 15-17, with up to 20 hot air balloons expected with five flights scheduled, Friday at 6 p.m., Saturday & Sunday ascensions at 6:00 a.m. and 6 p.m., Balloon Glows on Friday and Saturday at dusk, and additional tethered rides during the day.
“This Festival has evolved into a hallmark community event and really put the Upper Valley and Quechee on the map for a fun weekend destination,” said PJ Skehan, executive director of the Hartford Area Chamber of Commerce who is the lead sponsor and manages the annual event.
We have visitors from far and wide come to town and it’s also a great unifying local event with local businesses stepping up to sponsor and locals volunteering their time. It’s all about having an enjoyable time, taking in the sights, the smells and the sounds of the Festival and the non-stop entertainment and activities provide a great weekend value of fun.”
According to Skehan, there are new features at this year’s festival including the Montshire Museum Science Tent and a STEM challenge exhibit, which are focused on the act of making things. A summary of weekend long activities and entertainment includes:
- Continuous music and entertainment will feature such popular names as Gerry Grimo & The East Bay Jazz Ensemble, VINS, The Dirty Dottys (a seven-piece pop-Motown ensemble, Jason Tardy, The Kapps Band, The Dinosaurs, The Tricksters and more. Brooks Hubbard and the Nashville All-Stars will perform Saturday at 6 p.m.
- 60 Craft Artisans from around the Upper Valley and New England region who will sample and display their wares
- The Kid’s Zone is a FREE area to keep the kids active and busy. New activities this year will feature the Montshire Museum Science Tent and MakersSpace, while the Army Corps of Engineers will have a water safety exhibit and familiar activities like Euro Bungee, while bounce houses will return
- Extra Fun includes Sky diving demonstrations (Saturday 10-3), Pups in the Air (Frisbee dogs) and award-winning Dancers Corners will entertain young and old
- Festival food offers local healthy options and tradition festival fare like BBQ, Smoothies, Paninis, Candy Apples, Fried Dough, Kettle Corn, Crepes, Onion Rings, a beer and wine garden.
Admission to the Quechee Hot Air Balloon, Craft & Music Festival, which is valid for the ENTIRE weekend, is Adults (13+) $15; Children (6-12)- $5*; 5 years and Under – FREE and on Father’s Day (June 17th) – Dads are only $10 when accompanied by a child.
Parking is by donation. Parking will be on the field adjacent to the Balloon Festival. Gates open Friday at 3pm and Saturday and Sunday at 5:30 am