The following positions require availability to work varied hours: days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Submit an online application HERE.
Resumes may be submitted to Erika Napsey, Human Resources Manager, via email unless otherwise indicated. Be sure to inlude the position you are applying for in the subject line of your message.
Accounts Payable/Payroll Associate - FT
The Accounts Payable/Payroll Associate is a member of the Accounting department. Under the direction of the Staff Accountant, they are responsible for the daily operation of the accounts payable and payroll processes. The Accounts Payable/Payroll Associate is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of vendor disbursements, maintenance of supporting vendor records, and assists with ensuring compliance with Federal, State, and GAAP policies and regulations. This position is also responsible for processing bi-weekly payroll through a payroll service, and providing Accounting support as required. The Accounts Payable/Payroll Associate will participate in the monthly general ledger close and assist the Controller with financial reporting.
- Processes vendor invoices weekly to ensure timely vendor payments in accordance with QLLA policies.
- Performs the accounts payable functions including verifying manager’s purchase authorization, invoice processing, AP batch posting, check processing and printing, and records filing. Reconcile payable accounts.
- Communicates with vendors and department managers for information and problem resolution.
- Maintains vendor records, collect and retain all required documentation.
- Reconciles monthly AP activities, verify payments, and process adjustments as needed.
- Prepares Form 1099’s at year-end.
- Prepares Batch processing of bi-weekly payroll through a payroll processing company. Prepares payroll adjustments, including late payments, over payments recovery, earned time off and special requests according to the approved pay schedule for employees.
- Reviews and verifies time sheets for appropriate manager approvals.
- Verifies all benefit accruals, and benefit payroll deductions. Verifies benefit bills and reconciles employee benefit payroll deductions with Human Resources.
- Verifies and reconciles information as needed to ensure timely payment of commissions through the payroll cycle.
- Coordinates with Human Resources for all 72-hour separation check processing by using the appropriate reconciling tool and data queries.
- Coordinates disbursement of payroll checks to managers or staff.
- Reconciles and pays payroll withholding such as court ordered withholding and voluntary benefit with-holdings.
- Posts required payroll and benefit information to appropriate accounts as directed.
- Prepares and posts month-end general journal entries. Prepares monthly reports as directed. Assists with year-end audit preparation.
- Complies with all QLLA policies as outlined in the Core Policy Guide and maintains a professional demeanor at all times while representing the Club.
- Provides general administrative support to the Accounting department. Performs other duties as required.
3-5 years accounting experience
Strong knowledge of and experience with accounting systems and payroll processing
Associates degree in Accounting is minimum requirement
Extreme attention to detail required
Strong organizational skills
Excellent communication skills
Ability to effectively meet deadlines in a high volume production atmosphere
Strong knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Office/Excel is required,
Prior Club experience and use of Paylocity payroll software are a plus.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
This is an office environment position with occasional lifting of up to 40 pounds, and occasional visits to other on-campus work sites.
This position is an hourly (non-exempt) position with work generally scheduled based on a Monday–Friday 40-hour workweek. Additional time may be required based on departmental needs. Limited time-off is available during the Club’s busy season, April though September, and during winter and spring school vacation weeks.
Job Type: Full-time
Administration** No Current Openings **
Aquatics, Fitness and Recreation** No Current Openings **
Facilities and Maintenance** No Current Openings **
Food & Beverage
Bartenders - PT (multiple positions)
If you possess a passion for hospitality and love to talk with people, we are the place to be in the summer! We are looking for a few great PT bartenders to provide stellar service and the best experience for our Members and Guests.
Our Bartenders prepare and serve beverages to members and guests according to established recipes and in adherence with State of Vermont and Club regulations. Hours vary.
We offer competitive wages, use of club facilities including golf, health club, skiing, tennis, meal discounts and incredible co-workers!
Dishwasher - PT
The ideal candidate will be flexible, friendly and possess the ability to work as a member of a team, be on time and come in when scheduled. The position requires the ability to move from task to task.
We offer great benefits for part-time employees, including: use of fitness center, indoor/outdoor pools, two 18-hole golf courses, 11 tennis courts, 50-acre man-made lake, boating, meal discounts, fitness classes and more.
If you have great communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, you want to join our team.
· Cleans and sanitizes dishes, glassware and utensils in dish washing machine.
· Washes pots, pans and trays by hand and/or machine.
· Removes trash and garbage to dumpster area.
· Washes work area tables, walls, refrigerator equipment, cooking equipment and floors.
· Cleans garbage cans and trash receptacles.
· Assembles, maintains and breaks down dish machine.
· Ability to lift 70lbs.
· Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water
· Standing for long periods.
· Must be available to work varied schedule: days, evenings, weekends, holidays.
Serious inquiries only please.
High School students urged to apply! This is a great first step into the service industry. We take pride in growing our staff. Many hosts become servers.
The Host position works with member and guest reservations, seats, assists with to-go orders and delivery. The position works very closely with the serving staff to ensure Members and Guests have the best experience possible.
Food Runner - PT
Our food runners work in our dining outlets working closely with servers to provide the best service to our patrons. Ideal for high school and college students.
- Runs food from kitchen to the servers and assists in carrying food trays to tables.
- Runs bus buckets and dirty dishes to the kitchen.
- Transfers trays from server station to line for expediting.
- Takes packaged take-out orders to reception stand for member pick-up. Removes soiled dishes from bus station; brings to dish-washing area.
- Moves tables and chairs as needed for the next member and guest diners.
- Does side work during non-busy periods.
Line cooks - sign on bonus!
Do you have a passion for the hospitality industry and take pride in each dish you prepare? We welcome you to apply to work at our beautiful private country club located in Quechee, Vermont.
We are seeking hard working, energetic line cooks to work in our restaurants. The ideal candidate will be flexible, friendly, dependable, honest, and possess the ability to work as a member of a professional team, be on time and come in when scheduled. The position requires the ability to move from task to task. Prior kitchen and cooking experience preferred.
If you have previous experience in a back-of-the-house position, great communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, you want to join our team.
This position is eligile for sign-on bonuses as follows:
$125 at 30 days
$125 at 60 days
$250 at 90 days
Servers - PT & FT
If you have a passion for hospitality and providing top notch service, we are looking for you!
Must be 18 and come with serving experience. Nights and weekends are required.
Golf** No Current Openings **
Outdoor Commonland Maintenance Technician - FT
We are looking for full-time seasonal Laborer & Groundskeeper positions working in the Commonland and landscaped areas of The Quechee Club including work on trails and trails expansion projects. The positions are available for an early spring start in the commonland department. These positions are 40+ hours/week, April-November, with hours generally 6:00AM–2:30PM during the week, with some weekends and holidays required. There is the possibility for this position to transition to a full-time benefit eligible position in the fall.
A strong work ethic and some previous landscape type experience is preferred. Minimum 18 years of age with valid driver’s license. We offer a very competitive pay rate, along with a great place to work, free use of the golf course & club facilities, employee food discounts & more!
Inventory and Logistics
Inventory Specialist - FT
- Develops and maintains inventory systems by determining product handling and storage requirements.
- Database Management
- Establish protocols.
- Receives and records all deliveries and shipments.
- Ensures product is stored and secured for proper distribution to appropriate department based on requisitions.
- Control and verify the inventory by conducting monthly physical counts and reconciliation.
- Review and prepare workflow to ensure there is an effective process to manage inventory and reduce variances.
- Maintains requisition records to track movement of inventory to outlets.
- Ensure food handling is done in accordance with all state and federal regulations.
- Maintains storage areas for cleanliness, organization and layout, working with department heads to configure a layout that ensures maximum space utilization.
- Provides timely reports to Controller, Club House Manager and Executive Chef.
- Ability to stand, kneel, walk for extended periods of time.
- Repetitive fine motor skills and dexterity in both hands simultaneously.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift and or move 10-25 pounds throughout the day; 50lbs by yourself, 100lbs assisted.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate ability to provide clear and concise information.
- Must maintain a sharp eye for detail.
- Above average computer and technological proficiency.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- Organizational skills; able to plan time and work effort effectively with attention to details.
We are looking for someone with a High School Diploma or GED and 5+ years related inventory or database experience. Experience with use of inventory systems, procedures and best practices. Must have the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization. Must be able to work independently and in a team environment with limited supervision showing strong initiative.
This is a full-time benefit eligible day shift position, requiring weekend availability. We offer competitive pay, a great benefits package and a excellent team to work with-all on one of the most beautiful properties in Vermont.
Quechee Lakes is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state and local laws.